Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Bringing Now My Sons





 Who executes justice for the oppressed, who gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets the prisoners free;


 I will now arise,” says the Lord; “I will place him in the safety for which he longs.”


Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.


I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’ and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’ Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth


“Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke?


Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.




For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again

 to a yoke of slavery.


“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind,

 to set at liberty those who are oppressed


For the yoke of his burden, and the staff for his shoulder, the rod of his oppressor, you have broken as on the day of Midian.


Bring me out of prison, that I may give thanks to your name! The righteous will surround me, for you will deal bountifully with me.


To open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness.


So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.


The people of the land have practiced extortion and committed robbery. 

They have oppressed the poor and needy, and have extorted from

 the sojourner without justice.


The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.


Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

Thus says the Lord: Do justice and righteousness, and deliver from the hand of the oppressor him who has been robbed. And do no wrong or violence to the resident alien, the fatherless, and the widow, nor shed innocent blood in this place.

But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall.


But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment