Monday, February 8, 2021

Divorce Is As Important As Marriage If Not More


 This is the subject that the Lord has been urging me to talk about in a while for many reasons and I think now is the appropriate time.

I will only focus on biblical divorce which is mentioned in the bible in both the old and the new covenant hoping it will help many persons who are stuck in bad marriages thinking that it is God’s will.

A bad marriage is not God’s will for anyone and don’t believe those who say that it is your cross.It is a lie from the enemy to keep you from enjoying life and completing your assignment on earth.

Every time I would ask Jesus about divorce he would lead me to this verse no matter how many times I asked the answer was the same:

“The Sabbath was made for man and not man for the sabbath”

At first I thought Jesus was not listening to me or even not understanding my question because I keep asking him about divorce and he keeps talking about the sabbath.

Then I searched for the word sabbath to know what it exactly meant

and I knew from before that it was the rest day ordered by God for his people ,but the search gave me the same result:Complete rest ,seize from toiling and enjoying God and life.

Then I understood what Jesus was saying to me .He was saying that marriage was made for man not man for marriage.You should not sacrifice your life to keep this institution by doing this you are not honoring God nor bringing glory to his name.

Marriage should be like the sabbath day :to enter into complete rest ,harmony and to enjoy life.

To be honest I tried to avoid this topic for so long because I 'm done with it ,but the Lord keeps reminding me of it to help other people who are going through what I went through and cannot find the right and the biblical counsel they need .

 Divorce is more important than marriage .If you never get married and stayed single your whole life there will be no serious consequences for that decision even Jesus is still single ,but if you stay in a bad marriage the consequences may become very serious many people may be involved.

I think I am more qualified than any other pastor both male or female to talk about divorce because I went through this process myself  and had to navigate through this unknown thing all by myself with Jesus as my counsellor.

What you read in few lines here it took me years to discover.

I still remember searching for Christian divorce articles and videos in the Internett and finding very few , shallow ones and often from a man’s perspective.

I was and still am shocked by how little this important  issue is discussed in the church and by christians to the degree that makes you think that no one is reading their bibles or no one knows someone who needs to hear this message.

That’s one of the reasons that delayed my divorce because I had to find all the answers by myself with absolute no help from the church or family.

Divorce is allowed by God i some cases ,but almost forbidden by his people.

Growing up in the catholic faith and family ,divorce was something unheard of  for christians.We combined divorce with Islam because the only divorced people we knew were muslims.

And now I know why. One of the reasons is the ignorance of the religious leaders in this area since all catholic pastors are single and they never experienced being married or having to deal with different situations and issues.

In the west though pastors are married they are also against biblical divorce because I think they are mostly afraid that their wives or daughters may be encouraged to break up their relationships if they allow It for others.

The other significant reason is the huge society pressure to stay married no matter what the consequences may be .I thought this thing was challenging in the middle east ,but to my surprise it was not easier in the west specially with christians and pastors.They are divided on many biblical issues but united on this topic :divorce.

I have never seen a divorced pastor serving in churches , there might be some here and there ,but I haven’t seen any.

This thing must change quickly ,because there are many divorced and God- loving people who are not allowed to serve the Lord just because their marriage didn’t work out while many unqualified,uneducated and unanointed persons are allowed to do so just because they are married.

No wonder why Jesus hated the religious group and rebuked them everyday because even in these days they have not changed much , they are using his name, but ignorant of his will and word.

Tomorrow I will speak about the biblical reasons for divorce.




No comments:

Post a Comment